Thursday 16 August 2012

My Lion King



 What matters most... is how you see yourself


Paddles Walter Koni  became a member of our whanau in February 2011, he was already a year old by then; we got him from the animal shelter, great 'cause he was already house trained.

He seems to know when one of us is sick, he comes and lie's with you always placing some part of his body on you. When Paddles came to live with us I had only been days out of the hospital, here he was this cat that wasn't even 24 hours in our house, we total strangers to him, he sized me up, he jumped on my legs, then walked up onto my chest and lay down with his 'curled' back touching my chin and his head and front paws resting on my breast nearest my heart, then his purring started, soft at first, then louder and louder, I could feel it rattling in my chest then tickling my throat, then the warmth spread right round my throat, after awhile I started sweating he was so hot, then he jumped of hid behind the lounge chair. The warmth soften the flem and it was easier for me cough and swallow. I had had a very large 'goiter' taken out of my throat, the surgeon nearly severed the nerves to my 'voice box' my neck was painful and I could barely speak.


that night, I didn't take any drugs to sleep
....my Lion King and I slept in the chair.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.