Thursday 30 August 2012

Reiki - The Healing Begins

 

Forgiveness ~ easy to say ~ is it hard to do?


As we prepared to leave the group that night our Reiki master said go home and go over all that had been learnt and for each to take note of what transpires through the night. Some of you will have an experience and some may not, follow the experience look, listen and learn. Tomorrow when you return we will talk about your experiences.

My friend and I are in the car and we are laughing, happy and talking that we're so tired we'd probably just drop off to sleep and wake up not remembering a thing. 

Not so. My revelation came through early hours of the morning.  I dreamt I was choking, I was eating some food and began to choke.  I could hear voices they sounded distant, I had this real bad pain at the back of my head, just down where the skull meets the neck.

Just before the pain hit I remember my head moving forward or being jolted and I remembered a cracking sound and there was this intense pain and my head felt really heavy. I'm lying there in my dream and thinking what is this pain, who are those voices, the pain starts to spread up over the crown of my head through the brow and then the eyes.  My throat hurts, what happened, what happened I'm asking myself, what happened?

And then it all comes 'flooding' back, the memories, the pain, the hurt, the who, the when, the why and I begin to cry; quietly at first, then big wracking sobs that shake my whole body, I curl up like a baby and cry. I remember that sound, it was terrible, I sounded like a wounded animal. The sound was forming deep in the base of my throat, I was dribbling, I was cold, I couldn't stop crying and I couldn't open my eyes.  I wanted to wake up, to end this horrible dream, but I couldn't.

When I realised what had happened and who had caused my pain, I started calling out 'I'm sorry dad, I'm sorry dad, I didn't mean to do it dad, I'm sorry, I'm sorry dad!'  I cried and cried and cried, it was no longer a dream, it was a reality! but I couldn't open my eyes.  I began to think what do I do? How do I stop this pain, and I did the only thing I could think of, I called out to 'God' to help me, I remember calling out, help, help me God! I don't know what to do! help me!

I felt this warmth envelop me, like someone had placed a blanket over and around me, it was a calming warmth... my tears slowed and then dried, my breathing returned to normal no longer gasping and then I saw my dad, he was standing beside me crying, telling me he was sorry, he didn't mean to hit me so hard. I reached out and touched his arm and said “I forgive you dad, I forgive you, please don't cry dad, I forgive you”.

As soon as I finished saying those words, everything was different, I could straighten or stretch my body, I just felt warmth and a peaceful calmness and I was smiling.  I've never felt so much at peace as I did at that time.

Well I obviously slept because I woke up in the morning all bright and happy and thought did that really happen?  I wouldn't have acknowledged it if it wasn't for the band of 'warmth' that surrounded the back of my skull at the join to the neck, hmmmm I say to myself while waiting for my ride. I'm not going to talk about my experience with the group, no way, this was way too personal to share.

There were 200 students at that weekend seminar. Our master made everyone share. I tried to get out of it, I was hoping she wouldn't realise I hadn't spoken, no such luck! I was the last to speak. We shed a lot of tears that morning myself and my fellow students.

We had a special healing session after I had finished speaking and others came forward during the day to give thanks for my sharing such a personal experience with them. Some gave thanks because through my words they too, were able to 'forgive and let go'.

Reiki heals ... in so many different ways....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.